Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrappy Dappy Do!

I should probably apologize to my non-scrapbooking readers out there (are there any of you? *haha*) about how inundated with scrap-crap my blog has become lately. But a blog relates what's going on, and scrapping is what's been going on! *haha* Here are the pages I did today...

Both sets of pictures are from the Christmas party my Bible study girls had last month. We did a sock & cookie exchange: everyone brought a dozen cookies and a wrapped pair of socks. Then we did the "sneaky santa" or whatever it's called, where you draw numbers and get to steal presents. And of course everyone also went home with an assortment of yummy cookies! It was so fun, I foresee it becoming a tradition! :)

Both pages are also entirely constructed from the KI Memory Tins that my sweet hubby bought me for Christmas. He got mine from Target, but they have them at 2P's and they're actually on sale now! (Check 'em out: I used the Christmas one and the Holiday one...they match perfectly! Now I feel like I need the Birthday and Winter kits too...but they're so big I don't know where I'd put them!) They each came with a ton of stuff, I just couldn't believe it! There's paper plus die cuts, chipboard letters, rub ons, stickers and probably a lot more I'm not thinking of. There's four sheets of each paper, which I like, because then I'm not afraid to use up a favorite piece because I know there's more for later! *haha*



I almost forgot, something noteworthy DID happen in our household yesterday. Ever since we put our laminate flooring down, MoJo has paced around the living room like a restless wanderer because he no longer had enough traction to scoot his skinny booty underneath our couches. That was one of his favorite spots, especially when Cubby wouldn’t leave him alone.


Well yesterday they were all playing around on the main floor, running and skidding and sliding around like lunatics. All of the sudden, MoJo took a flying leap off our stairs, ran straight at the couches and slid underneath them like he was stealing homebase. It was hilarious! Cubby and Wrigley went nuts barking, like “What the heck? He wasn’t supposed to be able to do that anymore!!!” Meanwhile MoJo was breathing too heavily from his athletic display to stay under there comfortably for very long. But I documented the incident so I could show Jeremy when he got up, since I knew he wouldn’t believe me otherwise. *haha* (Oh, but by showing you these I'm trusting that as my friends you will IGNORE the dog hair and dust all over my floor. So if you can't do that, please look no further. Thank you. :)



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm lovin' the layouts of course! And I literally laughed out loud reading about MoJo's triumphant return to his hidey-spot! chanting...Go MoJo...go MoJo.....

a chick named Toni... said...

Sock and cookie exchange how fun is that! What a good idea! Love all the colors of the LO!

Your little puppy is so cute! He looks a little bit sad sitting there carpetless! LOL

Nikki said...

The layouts are great. I love the sock exchange idea. I was laughing out loud just picturing Mojo. I have to say since we put our flooring we have had a blast watching Ernie trying to stop before he nails the cabinets, now Lucky is having the same problem.