Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm FLOORED!

I'm typing this from my living room staircase, which is the only real sittable (is that a word?) surface in my house. Everything else is piled with stuff that used to be somewhere on the main floor. My Dad, Jeremy and our friend Steve Ludlow (remember the turkey & pilgrim pictures he took?) are slaving away in front of me, installing our new laminate "wood" floor. It looks AWESOME! It does amazing things to this room. It looks so much more contemporary and bright. I'll post pictures as soon as I have time...whiiiiiich could be like a month from now. But bear with me. *haha* 

We started yesterday afternoon after Jeremy got up and with Dad's help we'd ripped up the carpet in about an hour and a half. As today draws to a close, they've finished the living room, entry and most of the dining room. All we have left to do is the kitchen. That being said, I'm still not confident that we'll be done with this lovely project before we leave on Tuesday. Dad can't help much tomorrow because of church commitments and I'm not sure how much help I'LL be.  Plus we have to go buy all new trim for all of the walls (our old trim wasn't wide enough and really wasn't worth saving) and install that. And the kitchen will be time consuming just from the standpoint of moving all the appliances. Yuck. So we'll see. I'm still a little overwhelmed at the thought of needing to continue this when we come back from NYC, but I'm a little less begrudging about since I've now seen how nice it looks. *sigh*

On another note, I feel like my vision is much better today! It's still a little blurry, but not nearly as terrible as it has been. So that's exciting! Thank you Lord! :)

Tick tick tick...the clock is rapidly counting down to the trip I've been anticipating for over a year! Our itinerary is chalk-full!  Looking at it makes me a bit tired. *haha* I'm bringing my laptop because I want to upload all of my photos and videos to it each night when we get back to the hotel (that way I don't have to buy more memory cards) and originally I thought it would be cool to blog each night FROM New York City. (Our hotel, as most do in that city, has free Wi-Fi.) Now I'm wondering when I'm even going to SLEEP! *haha* So I won't make any promises about how much you'll get to see until after we get back...but there's a chance I'll at least peek in here or on Facebook to let everyone know we're safe and sound.

Speaking of safe and sound, have you heard about the increased security on New York trains and subways. Yeah, apparently there was some information leaked to the FBI about a "desire" for terrorist attacks on the NYC transit system, specifically the trains going from Long Island into the city. While we won't be on those trains at all, we will be doing a lot of subway travel. So please keep us in your prayers while we are there, and the rest of the city too for that matter. I'm hoping that since the security has been increased it will erase any possibilities of danger. *yikes*

Well my booty has fallen asleep and that is NOT a pleasant feeling, so I'm going to sign off for now. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! It seems like a big blur to me since we've had so much to do, but we did have a really nice day with my family and delicious food! What more can you ask for? :)

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

It has been so long since I have stopped into your blog! Love the Christmas face lift!

How exciting...new flooring! I can't wait to see it. You guys are so brave starting something like this so close to your trip!

I am so glad to hear that your eyesight is better! Thank God!!

Have fun on your trip. I will be praying for you to have a safe fun trip there and back! Can't wait to hear all about it!