Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The girl who slept through Fall.

If there were a children's storybook written about my life as of late, that would be the title. *haha* I've never slept this much...not even when I have the flu. I did get out of the house and have a few adventures yesterday, but I paid the price with pain last night. My ankle hurt of course, but so did the rest of my body, which isn't fair at all. See, walking in the boot works totally different (and apparently unused) muscles in my leg, so it was really achy last night. AND the boot makes my legs uneven, and that hurt my back. Imagine that.

The Motrin just wasn't cuttin' it. So I got brave and popped another 1 & 1/2 Loritab. (Which, by the way, I have had an absolute brain-block on that name. I keep calling it Lipitor, which Jeremy tells me is for cholestoral or something. Yesterday I could think of every single "L" word BUT Loritab. Lancomb. Laptop. Legos. Lipsuction. Levis. Levitra. Jeremy was dying laughing but refused to tell me what it was REALLY called until I was red in the face. All of this while NOT under the influence of anything whatsoever.)

Last time I took it I was pretty much IN bed when the stuff took effect. This time I laid around watching TV and by the time it kicked in, I still had to walk upstairs, brush my teeth, take out my contacts, etc. I got the real Loritab experience. There is no way people could take this stuff and function in their daily life. NO WAY! I see what everyone's been saying about dizziness and everything. It was all I could do to get to bed.

Also, they say take it every 6 hours. Well, once again the stuff didn't wear off until about 12 hours later! I slept till almost noon again!! I don't remember even stirring. (I did have a crazy amazing dream about myself and some people I didn't recognize but apparently were my friends, rescuing dogs from an evil dog hoarder and then being chased through the mountainside. Yes, mountainside. I've been watching way too much Dog Town.)

You're probably dying to know about my adventures yesterday! Jeremy took me to lunch, then to Barnes & Noble where no comfy chairs were available so we didn't stay long, then to Wal-Mart for groceries. I got to ride around in one of those motorized wheelchair carts! When I say "got to," I really mean Jeremy forced me to. I was so embarrassed. People kept looking at me like I was just goofing around. I would avoid eye contact with the elderly...but I could feel their scorn. ;) I was wishing my boot was fluorescent pink or something so people would see it. Personally, I don't know why anyone who didn't NEED to ride one would want to. I can walk faster than that thing can move. It did steer amazingly well, though, I must say. The beeping noise it makes when backing up is a bit humiliating, but maybe that's just me. ;)

No comments: