Saturday, August 16, 2008

My fur-babies and frightening hair flashbacks!

Well, I figured I should get these other page layouts up since I mentioned them the other day. I am still not completely satisfied with the way these pictures turned out. I did try, however, to take more "detail-shots" to help get the whole idea. Hope that helps!


Anyone who knows me knows I'm a "mom" to a house full of dogs, so a book about me MUST include THEM. I used paper from the Die Cuts with a View - Pet Stack. I LOVE this collection!! I was thrilled when I bought it...dog paper in SARAH colors! *haha* (Let's be honest, any picture taken in my house isn't going to have a dull background.)

(Nifty shot, eh? I saw it done on a blog somewhere, I think. I know, I was as impressed as you are. *wink*) The journaling is all on a tag that isn't actually attached to the page, it just hooks onto the middle ring of the binder. The front talks about how I pracitcally "pet my dogs with my face" *haha* and the back of the tag lists each dog's unique characteristics.



As I was gathering pictures of myself to put in this scrapbook I couldn't help but notice how much my hair has changed through the years. I don't consider myself to be a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination, but looking back, I have had some looks that embarrass even me. ;) This page was done using the K & Company Urban Rhapsody line again (I own the whole collection, I think.) plus some other goodies. The "flashback" stickers are from Creative Imaginations and the charms are Karen Foster.


The charms were a bit of an afterthought and I panicked for a minute when I realized I was doing a BOARD BOOK and couldn't stick a brad through the page. I improvised by just tying some ribbon through the holes and gluing them onto the page. Think it turned out pretty cute. :)

I've been listening to my blog playlist while I put this post together and I have to say...it's not a RANDOM list - it's musical whiplash!!! *haha* To go from "That's How You Know" from Enchanted to "The Garden" is a bit of a stretch. Hmmm...must be the list of someone who is VERY musically diverse. ;)

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

I loved looking at your album today. It was so cool! You did a great job thus far and I can't wait to see what is next. I love the doggie paper you used...you are right it is different then the stuff we usually see at the store!

SU...Stampin Up...LOL! Code Sarah...I gotta talk in code...you know! :)

Michelle said...

Very cute! I'm just sad I can't see it in person!