Thursday, September 4, 2008

DVR overload!!

How am I supposed to get anything done when they're bringing all of my favorite shows back at once?!? Well, "all" is an exaggeration, of course, but there are quite a few series starting back up that I don't feel I can miss out on. I'm trying to decide what the better time management method would be; watch one each night or watch them ALL at once in one huge slot of wasted time. Fiddlesticks. Whatever the case, my DVR (and my poor husband) are going to be wondering what the heck is going on. And BOTH of them will probably be deleting things before I'm ready to! *haha*

The Amazing Race
Wednesdays @ 7:00pm
The Travel Channel (used to be on CBS but they've moved it this year)

Yes it's the 12th season and no there probably isn't any place left on the globe that this show HASN'T traveled to, but I still absolutely love it. I certainly haven't watched all 12 seasons, but each one that I have gotten into has been completely engrossing. I love the drama between teams and the craaaaazy challenges they have to complete. And I just plain love the constant motion and excitement of all the traveling they do! If I didn't think Jeremy and I would completely eat each other alive, I would try out for this show. But there is no way, no how, that the two of us could handle the stress and not make complete jerks out of ourselves...ON national tv for everyone to see. No no no, I'm not that stupid. I'll keep our petty arguments behind closed doors, thank you very much. And in the meantime I'll enjoy watching OTHER people break down due to the pressure! What fun! ;)


Top Design
Wednesdays @ 9:00pm
Bravo

This falls into the "reality-design-competition" category of television that I can't seem to get enough of. Project Runway is clothes, Sheer Genius is hair, and here is Top Design, which is all about interior decorating! What's not fun about that? Yes, most of the contestants need a major ego deflation and the judges are so posh they're prissy, but I just love to see what these designers can come up with on a whim and throw together in a matter of hours!! I rarely get inspired by anything they DO, however, and spend most of my time critiquing their work. *haha* But it's still a lot of fun.


Dog Town
Fridays @ 7:00pm
National Geographic Channel

This is the show I am hands-down, flat-out MOST excited about coming back! I thought it had been cancelled because it's been off the air for a while, turns out it was just in between seasons I guess. The show is about this amazing dog rescue center in New Mexico called Dog Town. They take dogs that no one else wants, either because they're too old, too sick, or too aggressive to be adopted. Most of them are rehabilitated and given good homes, but the ones that aren't adopted are allowed to stay there on the ranch with people who take care of them and give them affection. (There's a "senior center" for older dogs. It has soft doggie beds and couches and air conditioning, so they can live out their final days in peace and comfort.) I was SO thrilled to see that this center is where many of the pitt bulls from the Michael Vick case were sent! Apparently, this new season centers around their rehabilitation. (The dog in the picture on the right is one of these pitt bulls. Looks like an amazing transformation already!) The show premiers tomorrow night. You really should check it out. The stories are amazingly touching. Of course, I do kinda have a thing for dogs. You might not have noticed. *hehe*


Prison Break
Mondays @ 8:00pm

Fox

*sigh* How could I forget to mention Prison Break? This is a show that we got in on kinda late. Much like with Lost, we had to get caught up by watching DVD's of the early seasons. Once we watched those first few episodes, Jeremy and I were both hooked. And I can't even begin to express how PSYCHED I am that they're bringing Dr. Sarah Tancredi BACK from the DEAD! *haha* Yes, from the dead, for those of you who don't watch. Do I care that it is completely implausible that they could have faked her death (seeing as how her decapitated head was in a box)? NO! I will accept whatever ridiculous scenario they give me, as long as it means that Sarah and Michael can be together again. *dramatic sigh* Either I'm a hopeless romantic or a complete idiot. ;)


So folks, if you start to notice that my blog is being neglected, it's because I'm trying to get caught up on all of my favorite tv shows! Gimme a break, they'll be over in like three months. *hehe*

1 comment:

~Samantha said...

wow...I totally didn't peg you for a prison break fan...but I guess since you kill terrorists on dates with your husband I shouldn't be too surprised :)